Get your credit cards at the ready! Here we go–another round of Black Friday mayhem is about to commence!
There’s just something about the magical phrase “70-percent off” that sends humans into a crazed state of frenzy, so if you’re one of the brave souls heading out (or camping out) into the wee hours today, here are some helpful tips for surviving the shopping day to end all shopping days.
- What to wear Leave the stilettos at home– this is no time for high fashion. You gotta’ wear your comfortable, all-day-traction trekkers to stay ahead of the black Friday race (or even–dare we say it?!) crocks with socks!
- Sustenance: Munch early and often; the last thing you want is to become hungry, dehydrated, and irritable and lose valuable shopping energy. Keep a water bottle and snacks in your purse, or deck yourself out with one of those hat helmets with straws for hands-free sippin.’
- Buddy System: Shop with a friend! A buddy can take your place in line in you have to go to the bathroom, OR you can wear an adult diaper so you can hold your place in line while not having to hold your bladder. No one will know, and who cares—you just scored 80% off; that’s worth secretly peeing in your pants for. (We kid! We kid!)
- Know your territory: You might THINK you know the store layout, but on a day as huge as this, big ticket items often get moved to the end of aisles or put up closer to the front, so make sure you keep your eyes moving as you make your mad dash thru the store or you just might miss out on the deal you slept all night in a parking lot for.
- Get Appy: The last thing you want is to lug your huge flat screen to the curb and have no idea where you parked your car. Use a GPS car-locator app so you’re not stumbling around a crowded parking lot. Or better yet—have your buddy meet you curbside for easy loading of all your goodies.
Most importantly—keep calm, be kind and carry on shopping!