The air is filled with magic as October rolls around each year, and it’s especially magical for kids. Whether kids are in preschool, or high school, classrooms are decorated with Halloween crafts from happy pumpkins and silly witches, to spooky ghosts and creepy monsters.
Books and stories also take on a Halloween theme this time of year, and there are tons of great reads to get everyone in the holiday spirit. Whether you are looking for a lighthearted book for your tiny goblin, or a truly creepy read for the teen in your life, we have you covered. We have compiled a list of some of our favorite Halloween books, broken down by age range. These books would also make great additions to any Halloween care package you may be sending to kids or teens you’re not going to see this year.
1. Ages 14-16: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
2. Ages 7-9: Horrible Harry at Halloween by Suzy Kline
3. Ages 1-3: I Love You, Little Pumpkin by Sandra Magsamen
4. Ages 16+ Rest In Pieces: The Curious Fates of Famous Corpses by Bess Lovejoy
5. Ages 4-6: Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
6. Ages 10-13: Short & Shivery (Thirty Chilling Tales) by Robert D. San Souci