‘Tis the season for party-going, mistletoe-ing, carol-singing, smile-bringing, cookie-baking and memory-making. In the spirit of opening your hearts and homes to family and friends this holiday, think about some special ways you can brighten the season for those around you. Here are some simple things you can do:
- Be a Secret Santa to someone who might not otherwise receive a gift.
- Take a shopping break and invite your friends over for some cookies and hot chocolate.
- Include a personal note in your Christmas card to let people know that they are in your thoughts.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or food bank.
- Offer to babysit for a couple so that they can get a night out or do some shopping.
- Think outside the gift box and give the “gift of presence” by spending time with family and friends.