There’s no arguing that football rules this weekend — the championship game will take place on Sunday determining which conference team, American or National, will take home the Vince Lombardi Trophy. First played in 1967, this game has become so popular that many consider it a national holiday. Here is some fun trivia:
- It is the second-largest food consumption day after Thanksgiving.
- Of the ten most-watched television shows of all time, nine of them are the “Big Game”.
- The average cost to run a 30-second commercial during the game is just under $3 million.
- An estimated 1 billion chicken wings are consumed on Sunday and no, there isn’t a shortage!
- Antacid sales typically spike by 20% on Monday following the game–go figure.
So, whether you’re a diehard 49ers or Ravens fan, intrigued by the first-time test of brotherly love as the Harbaugh coaches battle for number 1 status, or you just like to watch the commercials–enjoy the show! And, remember, you can always resume your “Get Fit’ resolution post-game.