Wow, 60 years of married life! The years probably seem like they’ve flown by quickly—from a smitten couple to newlyweds, then maybe parents, grandparents, and even great grandparents.
And now, it’s an incredibly beautiful milestone. A diamond anniversary. A cherished moment to be joyfully celebrated!
At one time, a couple’s 75th anniversary was considered to be the diamond anniversary. But in 1897, when England’s Queen Victoria celebrated her 60 years of reign, she referred to it as her Diamond Jubilee. Ever since then, a couple’s 60th wedding anniversary has come to be known as their diamond anniversary.
A diamond is a symbol of love, endurance, and perseverance. It is also said that the fire in the middle of a diamond symbolizes the constant flame of love. The most famous diamond in the world is the Hope diamond, which is housed in the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C.
Honor that special couple who forged ahead through thick and thin—together. They certainly deserve the most royal treatment.
- Diamond jewelry
- Diamond-shaped crystal candle holders
- A bottle of Champagne with personalized label of the couple’s names
- Photo collage of the couple throughout their years together
- A newspaper reprint from their wedding year
- A list of 60 things you love most about the long-married couple
Orchid: rare beauty, love, long life
- Arrange 60 orchid stems in a vase.
- Choose a silk orchid plant that is remarkably lifelike.
- Have a corsage and boutonniere made of miniature orchids.