Whether you’ll be celebrating one wonderful dad or several special guys on Father’s Day, finding a great card or ecard is usually pretty easy to do. Figuring out what to say in a Father’s Day card, however, can sometimes leave you staring at a blank page. Here are some idea-starters:
Tickle His Funny Bone
— If sentimental isn’t your style—or his—then even Father’s Day isn’t the time to get sappy. Keep your note simple with some of these humorous spins:
- Thanks for all your great advice, Dad! Can you please repeat it now that I’m paying attention?
- Fatherhood isn’t for the faint of heart…or the scared of bugs. Thanks for being my big brave Dad!
- You’ll always be someone I look up to Dad—even when I’m taller than you.
Speak from the Heart —
If you do want to say something sincere, Father’s Day is the perfect time to show the appreciation that Dad so deserves to hear:
- Even when I’m not saying it, I’m always thinking it…I’m glad you’re my dad.
- Thanks, Dad, for helping me believe in heroes.
- I can only hope to be the kind of parent you’ve always been: The Best.
Compliment Your Spouse —
Father’s Day isn’t just about parenthood, it’s also about partnership, marriage…and maybe a little bit of romance, too.
- There’s no one I’d rather share the crazy, wild, wonderful ride of parenthood with than you.
- I’m so thankful for the husband you are—and proud of the dad you’ve become.
- Thank you for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
Share a Famous Quote —
Combining a famous quote with a personal note is a wonderful way to show a little extra effort while giving you a starting point for your own idea. Here are some examples:
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” ~Jim Valvano That’s exactly how I feel about you, Dad. Thanks!
- Someone once said, “Children close their ears to advice but open their eyes to example.” Thanks for setting a great example, Dad!
- “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” ~Author Unknown Thanks for always being there.
Make it Personal —
Whether you come up with something sweet, witty or wise, only you know what makes the dad in your life so special to you—and that’s what he really wants to hear. If you want to make your own personalized Father’s Day card at home, check out our selection of printable Father’s Day cards!