A YEAR’S WORTH OF CARDS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Void where prohibited by law.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE AND LICENSING AGREEMENT, WITHIN THE TIME FRAME SPECIFIED BY SPONSOR, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, WORDPRESS OR OFFERPOP. ANY REFERENCES TO AMERICAN GREETINGS AND ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES DO NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY WORDPRESS’S OR OFFERPOP’S ENDORSEMENT, SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION THEREOF.
YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO AMERICAN GREETINGS AND ITS AGENTS. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL ONLY BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND IF SPECIFIED, FOR RECEIVING NEWS AND INFORMATION ABOUT AMERICAN GREETINGS PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND PROMOTIONS.
- PROMOTION TIMING: Entry for the Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Eastern Standard Time on January 14, 2016, and ends at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on January 23, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). You are entering to win one (1) of five (5) prizes.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter into the Sweepstakes, go to www.americangreetings.com/blog/years-worth-of-cards, complete the entry form and click submit. Note: the address provided on the entry form will be the one used to ship the prize to the selected winners.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Five (5) winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Prize will be awarded by random drawing at the end of the sweepstakes. Five (5) winners will be randomly selected to receive the Year of Cards prize package. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor or its designated representatives will make two (2) attempts to contact the selected Winner through email within one (1) business week of selection. If the selected Winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days after the first attempt to contact him/her or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the selected Winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to his/her respective Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate eligible Winner from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the forgoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Winner). If any Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, fails to claim a Prize, or if the prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate eligible Winner may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be selected. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than one (1) alternate winners for each prize for any reason, in which case the prize may go unawarded. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any.
SPONSOR’S DECISIONS SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There are five (5) Prizes awarded at random:
1.) A Year’s Worth of Cards Prize package:
- More than 102 paper cards including approximately: 30 seasonal cards, 14 Special Occasions, 38 Everyday cards, 15 birthday cards, 1 box of Thank You notes and 3 boxes of Christmas cards.
- (Approximate retail value “ARV”: $426.05)
Limit one (1) Prize Package per household. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Winner or eligible Winner who is unable to accept Prize as described herein. Prize is neither transferable nor substitutable and may not be redeemed for cash. All federal, provincial, state, and local taxes incurred by any Winner as a result of receiving any Prize herein shall be the sole responsibility of such Winner.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES TO BE AWARDED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD IS $2130.25.
5.ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and win a prize in the Year of Cards Sweepstakes, entrant must be an individual 18 years of age, the legal age of majority, or older in his or her state of residence and must be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia as of the date of entry. This Sweepstakes is void in all United States territories (including Puerto Rico), possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited by law. Employees of American Greetings (or “Sponsor”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and all of the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, promotional partners, sales representatives, and Sweepstakes and other vendor agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively “Released Parties”) and the immediate family (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as parents, spouses, siblings, children) and household members of all such employees, are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and/or win a prize. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any entry for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible under the eligibility requirements provided in these Official Rules for all purposes.
6.GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Sweepstakes promotion, entrant agrees to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. By accepting any Prize, the Winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use Winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. By accepting Prize, Winner agrees that the Sponsor, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Prize related activity. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
7.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION: Entrant agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for, and will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies, and their respective, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the ” Sweepstakes Indemnities”) from, any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Sweepstakes Indemnities due to or arising out of the entrant’s submission in this Sweepstakes, or the entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy, or defamation. By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for, and will indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Indemnities from, any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or any Prize related activity. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies, and their respective, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees, resulting from any entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload, or download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Sponsor web site (“Web Site”) in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer or photographic equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site.
Sponsor: American Greetings, One American Road, Cleveland, OH, 44144.