Summertime is in the air…along with graduation caps at high schools and colleges all over the country! It’s graduation season again, which means announcements in your mailbox, invitations on your calendar and graduation cards on your shopping list.
So once you find the perfect card for the proud grad, how can you put your worldly wisdom into just the right words? Sometimes starting with a great line from a great mind will help you come up with your own idea. Here are some examples of how to combine a few popular quotes with a personal message:
- Graduation is proof that “if you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.” ~William Arthur Ward. This is just the beginning of the incredible things you can do. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your graduation! From today forward, anything is possible.
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” ~Les Brown
- As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” And you have what it takes to do wonderful things. Congratulations!
- The tassle is worth the hassel! You did it! Congrats.
Now for the gift…
While money is the most common (and welcome) gift for grads, there’s often some questions about the appropriate amount. Of course your financial situation is the biggest determining factor, and most people give more for college than high school, but if you still want a ballpark figure: $25 tends to be on the low end while $75-100 is generous for a close relative. Yet, any amount is fun to receive when presented in a creative way…
- Roll the money into a scroll and tie it like a diploma.
- Tape the bills together to be pulled out of a tissue box decorated in their school colors.
- Visit the website of their future college and get a gift card from the campus bookstore.
- Personalize and send an ecard with a digital gift card to one of their fave places to shop.
Graduation season is an exciting time for students, but it’s important for all of us to remember that “in real life, every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you’ll make a difference.” Arie Pencovici
The Language of friendship is not words but a meaning- Henry David Thoreau. Shop American Greetings for friendship eCards!
Courage is grace under pressure- Ernest Hemingway.
Tomorrow, we celebrate Armed Forces Day–a day to honor the men and women who serve in our Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard as well as our National Guard and Reserves. This day, which is part of a week-long tribute, was first established in 1949 and stemmed from the unification of our military forces under the Department of Defense. Special dedications, parades, military exhibits, themed motorcycle rides and educational activities for children are some of the ways Armed Forces Day is acknowledged, so you’ll want to check out the local listings to see what’s happening near you. But, most important, be sure to say thanks to those who so bravely and unselfishly protect our freedom!
Celebrate Spring with our spring quote Friday! Check out American Greetings for more Spring themed eCards
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from American Greetings. An Irish quote to help get you in the Irish mood.