Halloween is a great time to be creepily creative! Whether you’re helping your kids write a spooky story or looking for some inspiration while scrapbooking Halloween memories, we put together a list of spook-tacular Halloween quotes, sayings and riddles!
Double, double toil and trouble;
fire burn and cauldron bubble.
– William Shakespeare – “Macbeth”
Where there is no imagination
there is no horror
– Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
– Edgar Allan Poe, “The Raven”
The blood is life.
– Bram Stoker “Dracula”
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!”
– Dexter Kozen
When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Halloween.
– Author Unknown
- Eat, drink and be scary!
- Ghostly Greetings!
- Halloween is a real treat
- Have a fang-tastic night
- Happy Haunting!
- Have a bootiful Halloween
- Don’t be a scaredy cat
- I witch you a Happy Halloween
- Stop in for a spell
- Please park all brooms at the door
- Caution! Witch Crossing
- Boo to you from our crew
- If you want a tasty sweet…
- Be sure to holler trick or treat!
Halloween Jokes and Riddles:
What do you get when you divide the circumference
of your jack-o’-lantern by its diameter?
– Pumpkin Pi
Wanda Witch who?
– Wanda Witch you a Happy Halloween!
What is a ghost’s favorite dessert?
– Boo-berry pie with ice scream!
Why didn’t the skeleton go to the Halloween party?
– Because he had no-body to go with!
Why do demons and ghouls always hang out together?
– Because demons are a ghoul’s best friend.
Know why mummies never reveal their true age?
– ‘Cause they like to keep it under wraps.
How can you tell if a vampire has a cold?
– Because of the coffin!
What do spiders do for fun on Halloween?
– Surf the web!
Know how Frankenstein likes his potatoes?