You lucky autumn babies celebrate your birthdays in one of the most gorgeous months of the year! It’s no wonder, with love-filled and charming Libra (Sept 24-Oct 23) and loyal and passionate Scorpio (Oct 24-Nov 22) ruling this month.
Here are some October Birthday fun facts for you to enjoy:
- You have two birthstones–opals and tourmaline. It is said an opal will crack if worn by someone not born in October!
- Your birth flower is the Calendula, which is in the marigold family, and is valued for its medicinal and healing properties.
- You are classified as the “Peacemaker” in astrology and are strongly motivated by a desire for justice and strive to maintain harmony in all areas of your life.
- October was originally the eighth month of the Roman calendar. It comes from the Latin word “octo” meaning eight. Later, it became the 10th month when January and February were added to the calendar.
- October folklore says that if the deer have a gray coat in October, expect a hard winter.
- More American Presidents were born in the month of October than any other month. They were John Adams, Rutherford B. Hayes, Chester Arthur, Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower and Jimmy Carter.
- Some famous October birthdays include Zach Galifinakis, Julie Andrews (10/1); Kate Winslet (10/5); Matt Damon (10/8); Mario Lopez (10/10); Hugh Jackman (10/12); Angela Lansbury (10/16); John Krasinski (10/20); Katy Perry (10/25); Hillary Clinton (10/26); Bill Gates and Julia Roberts (10/28).
There’s extra good news for autumn babies–some research suggests that those born between September and November are more likely to live to 100 years old than people born during the other months of the year. So here’s to you… may you have many beautiful birthdays to come!
Send one of our birthday ecards today!