What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with dinner and a movie? But this year, give a twist to this old standby date by mixing it up a bit. Choose an exciting new restaurant you’ve been wanting to try instead, or plan a fun picnic (complete with candles, if you like) in your own living room. Then carefully select just the right film—one that best suits your relationship—to perfectly round out the evening.
Whether you’re a hopeless romantic or a mischievous imp, our diehard, movie-loving Valentine’s Day crew want to help by offering up a few suggestions. And if you’ve got any other favorite movies to add to our list, please let us know in the comments below!
- Traditional: Perfect for the romantic at heart in your life, these films capture the essence of everlasting love.
- Casablanca, Say Anything, Hope Floats, The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, Titanic, When Harry Met Sally…, Ever After
- Guaranteed Laughs: Equal parts flirty and fun, a good romantic comedy offers a lighthearted way to celebrate love in any stage, whether you’ve just started dating or been together for decades.
- You’ve Got Mail, Pretty in Pink, Valentine’s Day, Never Been Kissed, Sweet Home Alabama
- Going to the Chapel: Getting married soon? There are a ton of fabulous movies about this special time in your life that are filled with twists, turns, and best of all–weddings!
- The Wedding Planner, 27 Dresses, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Confetti, The Wedding Singer, Bridesmaids, Our Family Wedding, The Wedding Date
- We’re Not Weird, We’re Quirky: If you describe your movie-going tastes (or your sense of humor) as a little off the beaten path, try one of these fun flicks.
- Harold and Maude, Punch-Drunk Love, Annie Hall, Away We Go, If Lucy Fell, Moonstruck
- Young at Heart: Looking for something sweet to watch with the kiddos? These family-friendly favorites are sure to warm everyone’s heart.
- WALL-E, Beauty and The Beast, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White