Summer’s in full swing and everyone’s heading for the great outdoors and our minds are quickly filling up with grandiose ideas of how we’re going to spend our days in the sun. Something fun? Something new? Something adventurous?
But so often we get distracted and time passes by much too quickly. Before we’re left wondering, “Where did summer go?” it’s time to do something about it. Now!
Stay right on track by creating a summer bucket list of must-do ideas so that your summer stays action packed and filled with memorable experiences. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Look locally: Take a look at your state and local visitor’s bureau to see if there are local attractions that you’ve never been to before. The community calendar section of your local newspaper is also a great place to start. Sometimes just the next town over can offer a new experience or a little-known piece of local history.
- Water fun: Summer is much more than lounging by the pool. Check out local lakes or try a new watersport like kayaking or windsurfing if it’s available in your area.
- Nurture nature: So not everyone may be ready to tackle an entire weekend camping, but even just going on a hike in a local park is a great way to connect with nature. Many park systems also offer summer programs and guided tours, so take advantage and use nature as your outdoor classroom.
- Seasonal eats: Give your regular menu rotation a fresh start with some fun summer recipes featuring locally grown fresh fruits and veggies. Shop a local farmers’ market. Or if you’re super ambitious, grow your own! And if space is scarce, a small potted herb garden is still very manageable and a good project for a beginning gardener.
- Summer favorites: Some things just go hand-in-hand with summer: going to a drive-in movie, getting ice cream, hosting a lemonade stand, and having a picnic or cookout. Keep a running list in an easily accessible place, like the refrigerator, so that you can add to it as things pop into your head.
For your convenience, American Greetings has created a special printable checklist just for you. Simply click here, right click to save to your desktop and print!