The weather is warm, the sun is shining and your mood is light—now all you need are some great tunes to complete this happy scene. We thought we’d end our Summer Series on a musical note, so here are our picks for the Top Ten Summer Songs that will give you the perfect soundtrack all season long…
Summer in the City, Lovin’ Spoonful
- Released in 1966, this song shows that you don’t need a beach to capture the summertime spirit.
All Summer Long, Kid Rock
- Kid Rock crossed over to country and his fans followed, making this song #1 across eight countries in 2008.
Walking on Sunshine, Katrina & The Waves
- There’s something about 80s music that always gets the summer party started, even if there isn’t one.
Surfin’ USA, Beach Boys
- Happy 50th anniversary to this timeless summer classic!
Soak Up the Sun, Sheryl Crow
- This song kicked off the summer of 2002 with soulful style and still makes you want to turn up the radio.
Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince
- After hitting the scene in the 90s, this hip-hop hit still a cool way to liven up the day.
Dancing in the Streets, Martha & The Vandellas (among others)
- Take your pick on your favorite version that has blared at block parties for nearly half a century.
Hot Fun in the Summertime, Sly & The Family Stone
- How can we not include a song that became a hit at the biggest music festival ever? Woodstock!
California Gurls, Katy Perry
- Labeled by music critics as the “summer anthem” of 2010, this is best sung at the top of your lungs.
Saturday in the Park, Chicago
- This 1973 classic instantly immerses you into the feeling of a sunny summer weekend, no matter what day it is.
Summer Nights, John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
- It’s been 35 years since this song was made famous by the movie “Grease,” but we bet you can still sing along.