Let’s hear it for moms! Here’s to the women who tackle the #World’sToughestJob and deserve nothing short of oodles of praise and attention. Though we mean to constantly let them know how much we love and appreciate them, we often fall short on our follow-through, which is why we’re grateful we have a day set aside just for them where we can lavish heaps of love and praise on them for all they do.
With Mother’s Day just ahead on Sunday May 8th, you’re probably thinking about sending cards to your mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother — and don’t forget your sisters, and yes, those pet moms, too! All these women in your life will LOVE to get a card from you affirming what great moms they are, but don’t be overwhelmed about what to write in your cards – this is where we’ve got you covered. Our American Greetings creative team has compiled their expert advice on what to write in a Mother’s Day card that will help you express your gratitude and praise perfectly.
For Your Mom
From you as a mom:
Once you become a mother yourself, you have a better understanding of what your mom did for you, and now you’re also celebrating her as a grandmother!
- The highest compliment anyone can give me, Mom, is to say that I’m like you.
- I see you in things I do, I hear you in things I say – and these are some of the things I‘m most proud of.
- From “Mommy” to “Grandma,” you’ve always found a way to be amazing at who you are.
- Now that I’m a mom, too, I realize how hard you worked and the patience it took. Thank you for being there in all the ways I needed you to be.
Simply stated from you:
The truth is that no matter how old we get, we’ll always need our moms. And there will always be things she deserves to hear.
- Thank you for the laughs, the listening, and the love.
- Mom, when you thought I wasn’t looking—I was. Thank you for the million ways you supported, encouraged, helped, and loved me.
- I know I wasn’t always easy to handle (and still may not be), but I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate how you’re always there for me, no matter what.
- More than anything, I want you to feel loved and appreciated not just on Mother’s Day, but every day.
For Your Sister
You’ve watched and helped each other go through ages and stages. Let her know how much you admire the great mom she turned out to be.
- You do the ‘mom’ thing so well. You deserve the best day ever.
- Chance made us sisters; motherhood made us friends. It’s so fun being moms with you.
- Your children are so lucky to have a mom like you.
- I always knew you’d be a great mom because you’re such a great sister.
For Your Grandmother
Our grandmothers hold a very special place in our hearts and deserve to know how much they’re loved and appreciated.
- Grandma, thank you for all the ways you made me feel special and loved.
- You’re every wonderful thing a grandma could be.
- Because of you, I got a really great mom. Thank you for everything, Nana.
- Only the best moms get promoted to grandmother. I love you!
For Your Mother-in-Law
The mother of your spouse oftentimes may get overlooked, but let’s not forget who gave you your fab partner to begin with. Make her day by sending her some love, too.
- You’ve always felt more like a mom than mother-in-law to me. Thank you for all the love.
- A mother-in-law like you deserves an equally wonderful Mother’s Day.
- Because of the wonderful mother you are, I have an amazing partner and parent to my own children. We all love you so much.
- Thinking of you and wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day.
For A New Mom
Their world just got rocked and they’ve entered mommy-hood. There’s nothing more they could want than some much-needed love and encouragement from their support system.
- You’re a beautiful person inside and out, so there’s no way you could be anything but a fantastic mom.
- I’m so excited for you and your very first Mother’s Day!
- It’s your first Mother’s Day! You’re the one who definitely deserves to be spoiled today.
- Your baby won the mommy lottery. Hope your first Mother’s Day is as amazing as you are.
For Pet Moms
Pets are part of the family, and the love pet moms have for their animal babies is immeasurable. Send them a much-deserved shout-out for the love and loyalty they unselfishly give every day.
- No one is more devoted to their pet than you, and you deserve to be celebrated on Mother’s Day and every day.
- Your fur baby is so lucky to have you for a mom!
- The way you care for your animals is a beautiful thing.
- It’s not about biology. Love is love, and you’re a great mom to your pet.
Now that you’ve got some good idea starters for what to write in your Mother’s Day cards, finding the right card for all the special moms you love couldn’t be easier. Check out our thoughtful and fun ecards that take just a few clicks to send or schedule ahead, plus you can also choose from printable cards you can simply print at home from your computer.
No matter which type of cards you choose, the special ladies in your life are going to be so touched that you thought of them and sent some Mother’s Day love their way. Here’s to moms!
What’s your most favorite way someone celebrated you as a mom in the past? Or maybe you did something awesome for another mom you know? Share it with us in the comments!