It’s the most romantic night of the year—and also the one date you want to be perfect. Whether you’ve been together for four weeks or forever, Valentine’s Day is a great time to celebrate what makes your relationship so wonderful and unique. However… trying to plan a great Valentine’s Day date that will not only be fun and romantic, but also memorable, too, can be quite a challenge.
No more worries. This year, we asked some of our creative, romantic geniuses to help steer you in the right direction. Here are some of their fun Valentine’s Day date ideas, catered to each stage of a relationship:
- If you’ve just met (or have just started dating), set up a cozy double date. Get to know each other’s friends a little better and see that other person in a more relaxed environment.
- If you’re crazy about each other and your relationship is growing, plan simple “mini dates” leading up to a nice romantic night out on the 14th, which falls on a Saturday this year. Ideas include:
- Wednesday – Take an evening stroll.
- Thursday – Play your favorite board or video game together.
- Friday – Watch a favorite movie.
- Valentine’s Day Eve – Lovely dinner out at a new restaurant!
- If you and that special someone have committed to each another, hop in your car and visit a nearby city you’ve both been wanting to explore.
- If you’ve been together for as long as you can remember, recreate your first date. The nostalgia will have you reminiscing about that special night, plus all the other fond memories you’ve made along the way, too.