What to Write: First Mother's Day Messages
Someone you know and love is celebrating her first Mother’s Day as a mom. And this year the day’s gonna take on a whole new meaning for her. This will likely be her most amazing, exciting, happy, exhausted, poop-filled Mother’s Day ever! So it’s a thoughtful idea to acknowledge this extra-special milestone with a-personal first Mother’s Day message that says you’re supportive and really proud of her. Whether she’s your wife, daughter, friend, or sister—we’re here to help you find exactly what to write in a first Mother’s Day card for her.
FIRST MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FROM HUSBAND/SPOUSE
Your wife is a mother! Still kinda crazy and new and awesome, isn’t it? She amazes you every single day, and here are some ways to tell her:
- I didn’t think I could possibly love you more—and then you gave us a baby. I love you more than I can find words for.
- Happy First Mother’s Day from the luckiest guy on the planet.
- Somehow, when you became a mom, you became even more beautiful. I love you.
- I knew you’d be an incredible mom, but you’ve already exceeded my expectations.
- I have no idea how you do all the things you do. Thank you for being such a bad@ss wife and mother.
- I don’t know what I did to deserve you and our awesome kid.
- I know I don’t say this enough, but you’re an amazing wife and mama, and you’ve brought more love and joy to my life than I ever thought possible.
FIRST MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FROM BABY
A baby’s mother is the most important person in their little universe—and the following messages will help them express this sentiment (but they’ll probably need a little help writing):
- I couldn’t have picked a better mommy!
- Thank you for feeding me, changing me, and loving me—and for being the best mommy in the world.
- Sorry about all the poop and no sleep. Love you, Mommy!
- I’m gonna be a pretty great human—because I have a pretty great mommy.
- Happy First Mama’s Day to my beautiful mama.
- Someday, I’ll be able to thank you for being such a great mommy but for now, I’ll just keep being really cute for ya!
- You make me feel safe and warm and happy—thank you, Mommy!
FIRST MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FROM MOM AND OR DAD
Your baby has a baby! And she’s the reason you now get to do all of that spoiling and grandparenting. Tell your daughter how proud you are of her and what a great job she’s doing in her new role as a mommy. These phrases will get you started:
- Watching you become a mother has brought us tremendous joy.
- Becoming a parent is undoubtedly one of the biggest transitions in a person’s life, and you’ve made it look easy. We’re so, so proud of you.
- Happy First Mother’s Day to the best daughter we could ask for.
- You’ve made us a couple of very happy grandparents!
- You’re a remarkable daughter—and a wonderful mother!
- We love you so much and the wonderful little family you’ve made
- “Proud” doesn’t even begin to express how we feel about you
FIRST MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FROM FRIEND OR SISTER
A really important person in your life is celebrating her first Mother’s Day, and we have just the right words to help you celebrate with her:
- You make momming look easy! Happy First Mother’s Day!
- Wishing you a day of minimal messes and maximum snuggles.
- I love watching you be a mama.
- Your baby is so freaking lucky to have you as his/her mama. Happy First Mother’s Day!
- I knew you’d be a great Mommy because you’re such a great sister/friend
- Yay! You get to celebrate Mother’s Day now in a whole new way!
- You’re really rockin’ this whole parenting thing/You’re a natural/You really were meant to be a mommy.
Hey, you’re also awesome, by the way, for wanting to share in a first-time mother’s joy, and we hope you’ve found our first Mother’s Day card messages helpful! We have a feeling she’s really gonna love your card.
Amanda Celis is a writer and photographer with a decade of experience in the social expressions industry. She’s a mother of two and a wife of one, and resides in Cleveland, Ohio.