What to Write in an Anniversary Card
"Love and marriage, love and marriage…" That's how the song goes, right? Well, only 365 days after the big day, it's time to send that happy couple an anniversary card! And it doesn't just happen once. Oh, no, my friends. When it comes to sending anniversary cards to celebrate those five, ten, twenty, or can-you-believe-it fifty years of wedded bliss, there are so many chances to do it up right. Take a moment to remember those very special twosomes in your life, whether they're your amazing parents (awww… could they be any cuter?), your BFF and her sweet hubby (Best. Wedding. Ever!), or your BFF's parents (they're so sweet, despite that time they found out you two threw a party at their house when they were out of town). And while the just-right card is an awesome way to let those amazing couples know you really care about them—and BTW, also remembered a very important date in their life!—the wish, message, and sentiment you write in their anniversary card greetings can really make their yearly day o'love way better. Here are a few suggestions on what to write in an anniversary card to the happy couple (you can thank us later). But wait…is it YOUR anniversary we're talking about? Keep reading. We're going to hook you up with just the right words to make your one-and-only swoon, too. And swooning is good.
Happy Anniversary Card Messages for Parents & Relatives
- May your anniversary be just as special as the love it's obvious you two share, [Mom & Dad, Aunt Rose & Uncle Jim, Linda & Denise, Tom & Bob]!
- Wishing you the most beautiful day ever—and many, many more happy anniversaries to come!
- To my favorite married couple! I hope the joy you share today will just keep growing forever and ever.
Find more inspiration here on what to write in an anniversary card for parents and couples.
Anniversary Wishes for a Couple You Know Well
- Love is like a fun and wild roller coaster...hang on and enjoy the ride!
- Wishing you all the happiness in the world, [name & name]!
- You two go together like salt and pepper, bacon and eggs, and peanut butter and jelly. Only better. Happy Anniversary!
Anniversary Card Sayings for a Couple You Don’t Know That Well
- Cheers to you both!
- You were made for each other!
- Let the adventure continue!
Happy Anniversary Wishes for Your Own Beloved
- I’m so lucky you chose me, [name]. And I’m pretty sure you feel the same! Happy Anniversary, my love.
- Let’s celebrate the magic we had back then, still have right now, and will always have forever more!
- Happy Anniversary to my one and only.
Now that we've given you some anniversary card ideas to help you get started on writing anniversary card sentiments from the heart, it's time to put pen to paper. After all, taking time to put your thoughts down on the inside of a card will make it a keepsake they'll always treasure.
Brought to you by American Greetings in conjunction with Maria Isabella. In addition to writing/editing for American Greetings, Maria is also an award-winning cookbook author and mother of five incredible adult children. She lives in Cleveland with her husband, Joe, and together, they spend all their free time cooking up a storm and spoiling their growing brood of grandkids!