Celebrating an anniversary is such a fun, exciting, and special time! It’s a chance to look back on favorite memories and think about all the things you appreciate about your boyfriend and the relationship the two of you share.
And no matter how you choose to celebrate your special day together, finding and giving the perfect anniversary card is a great way to let your boyfriend know just how much he means to you.
It can sometimes be challenging to know what to write to your boyfriend, though. Should your anniversary message to your boyfriend be sweet and sentimental, or lighthearted, silly, and fun?
Check out the inspiration below to help you write the perfect anniversary message for your special guy! Add your own memories and details to any of the idea-starters below, and you’ll have a meaningful message that’s just right for your relationship.
Romantic anniversary messages for boyfriend
- You always know just how to make me smile.
- You’re my perfect match.
- You’re the one for me.
- I love us.
- You’re amazing, and I hope you know how grateful I am for you.
Lighthearted/funny anniversary messages for boyfriend
- I love you more than chocolate.
- I’ve got a total crush on you.
- You’re my favorite.
- I love your face!
- Still nuts about you.
One year anniversary messages for boyfriend
- My life is so much better with you in it.
- You make life more fun.
- You make me so happy.
- I’m lucky you’re my boyfriend.
- We’ve shared so much this past year.
- I’m so lucky you’re in my life.
- I’m really happy we found each other.
Anniversary messages for long term relationship
- I can’t imagine life without you.
- I love sharing my life with you.
- You’re my best friend, my partner, my everything.
- I’m so grateful you’re the one by my side.
- Everything we share means so much to me.
- Thanks for all the ways you love, support, and care for me.
- I’m proud you’re my boyfriend.
- You’re still the one for me.
And for even more ideas, check out these aww-inspiring love quotes:
- My heart is, and always will be, yours.” —Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
“We are all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” —Dr. Seuss
“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” —Emily Bronte
Hi, I’m Katie Hilbert! I’ve been adding love (and glitter!) to the world as an editor at American Greetings since 2010. I’m also a veteran blogger (almost 10 years now!) and a lover of lattes, polka dots, and possibilities.