What To Write: Anniversary Messages To Girlfriend
She’s the girl of your dreams. The love of your life. One of the coolest people you know. And she’s beautiful both inside and out, too. How’d you get so lucky? Well, you’re probably a pretty good person. And if you’re sending your girlfriend an anniversary card, I’d be willing to bet you’re a pretty great partner, too.
So, you remembered the anniversary AND you got the card. You’ve already scored some major points there. Now it’s time to really make her day by writing sweet anniversary messages to your girlfriend that sounds like “you.”
If you’re the romantic type, this might be fairly easy, but it’s great that you’re still looking for a few tips. If you don’t have a romantic bone in your body, no worries, you can still come up with an anniversary message to her that suits your style. And if you’re like most people — somewhere in the middle — you probably want something sweet to say to your girlfriend, but not too over-the-top sappy. Just remember to be yourself, and you’ll do just fine.
Here are plenty of anniversary messages for her ranging from sweet and simple to loving and romantic (and even a little funny) that you can either combine or use on their own for exactly what you want to say.
Sweet and Simple Anniversary Messages:
- Don’t know how I got so lucky to get a girl like you, but I’m thankful every single day.
- The last [insert number] years are just the beginning of the many amazing memories we’ll keep creating together.
- Even when I don’t say it, I’m always thinking it: I love you.
- Thanks for showing me how great love can be.
- You make me happier than I’ve ever been.
- You are the best part of “us.”
- Sweet, smart, beautiful, amazing, funny, cool…you’re everything I ever hoped for — and more.
Light and Funny:
- No one can make me laugh the way you do. Thanks for being the best part of my day — every day!
- I know I’m not always the easiest person, but I sure am the luckiest. Thanks for putting up with me, babe!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I may not be romantic, but I’m crazy about you.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re, like, 800. Happy anniversary, gorgeous.
- It might be our anniversary, but I think we should spend it in our birthday suits.
- Words can’t express how much I love having you in my life — so I’ll show you in person, too!
- I may groan at all those selfies you take of us, but I always love to see you smile!
Heartfelt and Romantic:
- Thank you for letting me be completely myself around you. And for being exactly who you are —amazing!
- You bring out the best in me, and make me keep wanting to be a better person. I love you for that.
- If our first year together is any indication of how great life and love can be, then I’m already the luckiest person in the world.
- You’re my best friend, the girl of my dreams, and one of the most amazing people I know.
- Everything is better with you. Because you, babe, are the best.
- You’ve stuck by me through thick and thin, ups and downs, good days and bad…and I couldn’t be more grateful to have you by my side.
- You’re my biggest smile, my best day, my perfect match, and the love of my life.
Remember, your girlfriend loves you for exactly who you are, and she’s probably not expecting dreamy poetry or the world’s greatest love song. Just keep your message short, sweet, and from the heart. It’ll mean the world to her, simply because it’s coming from you. Most importantly, keep being the great guy your lovely girl deserves and enjoy many more anniversaries to come.
Wendy Bomers has been a greeting card writer since the age of ten. Okay, maybe not professionally until her mid-twenties. But way back when kids were planning to be vets and teachers and firemen, Wendy wanted to write cards when she grew up and “make people happy every day.” Now Wendy feels incredibly lucky to be doing just that—helping American Greetings create happiness, laughter, and love every day…for over twenty years and counting!