Whether you bought something off their registry or have your own unique wedding gift idea, you’re going to need gift wrap that’s as lovely as their big day. This easy, DIY gift wrap idea is one way to make your gift stand out from the rest, and requires only a few simple supplies.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Your wrapped gift
- Glitter tape
Take your roll of glitter tape, start rolling a strip around your wrapped gift, and then cut it once you’ve gone all the way around.
Repeat the previous step, wrapping the tape around the opposite side of the box. Place a bow where the two pieces of tape intersect.
And there you have it! Easy, right? Try this gift wrap idea with a matching bow and glitter tape, or contrast with silver and gold.
Still need some extra help? Watch our full video tutorial below:
They say love is in the details, and certainly no life event is more detail oriented than a wedding. So how is it possible that, after carefully selecting the perfect wedding gift, to create a personalized gift presentation that will surely be noticed?
Enter the American Greetings gift wrap experts, whose knowledge of gift presentation details goes far beyond the traditional paper wrap and bow. They’ve agreed to share some of their favorite ways to present a gift in a beautiful way that befits the elegance of the occasion.
Here are their fun suggestions on how to wrap a wedding gift:
- Take a hint from the invitation and wrap your present in the wedding theme. The gift table is usually in a prominent place in the reception, so matching the style and colors will definitely be noticed.
- Use a special keepsake for the nametag. Personalized ornaments, a set of his/her luggage tags, and photo key chains all make memorable accents.
- Adding a few natural items helps to add some personal flair and reflect the spirit of the season. Slip in a few spring or summer flowers, fall leaves, or glittering decorative snowflakes to gift bags or under ribbons. These items can really add pop to gift envelopes as well!
- If you’re feeling particularly crafty, wrap your gift in two layers of contrasting wrapping papers. Use an X-ACTO knife to cut out a fun pattern in the upper layer of paper so that the lower layer shows through.
- Embellish your gift wrap by stamping a design on solid-colored paper or stencil on their new monogram.
- Layer ribbons of various widths for a customized, personalized look.
- Present the gift in a beautiful keepsake gift box that they can reuse to save wedding mementoes and photos.
- Think of themed gifts. Towels in a display box, wine glasses in a tablecloth, picnic supplies in a basket, stationery in a mailbox, coordinating photo albums and frames, and even a scrapbook starter set are all fabulous ways to make the memories of their special event live on for years to come!
Gift Bows & Ribbon
Wedding Greeting Cards
More Celebration Inspiration
DIY Locker Décor — Mini Tissue Paper Magnet Canvases
DIY Locker Décor — Tissue Paper Gem Magnets
White Themed Bridal Shower Party Ideas
Ways to Celebrate Christmas with Friends
Christmas Traditions with Kids
New and Old Christmas Tradition Ideas
Birthday Celebration Ideas & Tips
Valentine's Day Crafts and Gifts