What To Write: Congratulations Messages
Writing congratulations messages in a card seems pretty straight forward, right? You just write “congrats” then sign your name and...done! But you probably wouldn’t be here if you didn’t want to learn how to make the card a little more personal by adding your own words, too, in order to show the person you’re celebrating why you think they deserve all the props in the world.
For the giant leaps, milestones, smaller-stones, well-earned moments of pride, or simple times of joy, a card with your own words inside can really help make someone’s celebration extra-special. Whether you’re looking to say congrats on a new home, sending congrats wedding wishes, or saying congrats on a pregnancy or new baby, each requires a fairly similar approach that really shows your person how happy you are for them — for getting to experience the spectacular thing they just did!
Here’s the angle on going that extra meaningful mile. A simple compliment, for example, which states why they deserve what they’re celebrating, always works perfectly. Or, try a sincere acknowledgement of their amazing qualities. You can also try giving props to the journey that got them there, or a shoutout to the time they first dreamed of getting to this exciting moment in life. A little humor can add to happiness factor, too. Any of these approaches work for just about every occasion. And the details you add will only make it that much more spesh!
When good stuff happens to good people, jump in on that and share their excitement. A thoughtful, simple acknowledgement is easy – and long-remembered.
- It's about both the journey and the destination! Enjoy!
- You deserve every exciting and wonderful thing about this!
- All of your hard work has finally paid off, congrats!
- You're a true inspiration and I couldn't be happier for you.
- Enjoy every minute of [insert what you're celebrating]!
- Bravo! Props! Kudos! Applause!
- One more fantastic chapter to add to the book of your life!
- Amazing things happen to amazing people!
- See? This is all the good karma you've put out there coming right back at you.
- Couldn't think of a person who has earned this more than you. XO
Say “Congrats on your new home “
The dream of their very own special place…the excitement of their Pinterest posts coming to life…there’s nothing like turning a key to a fresh start in a brand new place to call home. Try these messages in your card to really make them feel welcome and excited on their new journey as a homeowner!
- Congrats on your great amazing new place! (Can’t wait to see my guest room!)
- A place all your own to help your dreams come true, congrats!
- New home, new life! You deserve all this and more.
- You found the perfect place! Now enjoy watching your Pinterest boards come to life!
- So glad you’ve finally found an amazing place for this exciting new chapter in your life.
- Hope every room is filled floor to ceiling with happiness, laughter and love.
- You’re an amazing person who deserves this amazing new place, congratulations!
- You must be sooo looking forward to all the memories you’ll be making in your beautiful, brand new home!
- May your home be filled with lots of wonderful moments with family and friends.
- Can’t wait for the grand tour (housewarming party)!
Congrats Wedding Wishes
When the happy couple finally has a chance to sit down and open their cards and gifts in pure wedded-bliss mode, they’ll love reading your personal message that sends love and happiness for the biggest day of their life.
- You two are absolutely perfect for each other — couldn’t be happier for you!
- Yay! Cheers to no more app dating! XO
- Here’s to love and laughter and happiness that never ends — love you both!
- Wedding wishes and congrats to the sweetest couple ever!
- So awesome — in this great big world, two of the most amazing people found each other
- May joy and love fill every day of the rest of your lives.
- Love and congrats on your very own happy ever after.
- Wishes for a future filled with beautiful memories together.
- Both of you are fantastic people, but you’re going to be even more fantastic together. Congrats! XO
- You’re both keepers. You deserve each other! Love and happy wishes always!
Congrats on Pregnancy
Pregnancy is an absolute whirlwind of emotion! It’s a wonderfully happy thing to celebrate, but also it’s an entire journey which always requires support and love and most likely, humor. It can be easy or difficult to get to this exciting time and it can happen under an entire beautiful broad spectrum of circumstances! A nice mix of sweetness and humor will make your expecting mommy or daddy-to-be feel loved and supported the entire way.
- You are about to experience the most wonderful, scary, awesome thing in the world. Congratulations!
- You did it! It’s happening! It’s really happening! I’m so happy for you!
- It all just got real, and it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving, awesome person.
- You’re going to be the best parent in the world, because you’ve been the best friend (sister, brother) in the world!
- I hope this baby is exactly like you are — a beautiful person inside and out.
- You deserve all the joy love this baby is going to bring to your life.
- Isn’t it crazy that your body was designed for this very thing? It’s completely beautiful, and so are you!
- Your world just got so much more lovely.
- You are going to be so good at this! (But I’m here just in case you ever need a pep talk.)
- You are now a walking miracle with a beautiful little life inside you. Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy!
Congrats on New Baby
The sweetest thing in the universe just happened to a person or people you love so much. New babies arrive in all kinds of ways — including adoption and foster parenting, too. It’s almost impossible to grasp how much a new baby makes our hearts burst, so here are some adorable words that describe the absolute cuteness, the teeny-tiny-ness, the smiley-ness, the happiness, and the heart melty-ness you feel for the new mom(s) and/or dad(s) you’re celebrating!
- Cuteness factor just increased exponentially! Congrats on this new little love of your life!
- Here’s to all the smiles and cuteness ahead that this little peanut will bring! Congratulations!
- The waiting is over and s(he)’s finally here! Cheers to all of the exciting next steps for your family!
- You’re amazing, and I just know you’re going to make an amazing life for your new baby!
- Welcome to all the love, little one! You’re so lucky your parents are the greatest people ever!
- It’s official. The world just got cuter, sweeter, smarter and happier. Congrats on your new little one!
- Hope this new chapter in your life brings surprises and smiles and all kinds of delightful memories!
- So much joy to look forward to — happy, happy parenting!
- Thinking of you as you welcome this beautiful baby into your family!
- Congrats, and remember I’m just a text away when you need another hand!
There’s really no wrong way to tell someone that you’re happy for them, and it’s as simple as sending an ecard, dropping kudos in the mail, or leaving a fun acknowledgement on their desk, in their bag – anywhere you know they’ll find it. Sharing in another’s happiness actually does wonders for your own, too, so never miss a chance to elevate and celebrate!
In addition to writing/editing for American Greetings, Jill Jankowski is also a content editor, greeting card writer, blogger, leadership and life coach, producer, world traveler and standup paddleboard business owner. She loves her dogs more than anything in the world.