Summertime is in the air—along with graduation caps at high schools and colleges all over the country. Not to mention kindergartens and graduate schools, too! It really is an exciting time for graduates of all levels—which means with graduation season come announcements in your mailbox, invitations on your calendar, and graduation cards on your shopping list.
So, once you find the perfect card for your proud grad, how do you come up with what to write in a graduation card? No worries. We’ve got your back.
Here are some suggestions and thought starters to get your wheels turning. Just take a look at the ideas below and then formulate the one you like best to match your grad. Keep them in mind the whole time and you won’t go wrong.
Graduation Card Quotes
- “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.” —William Arthur Ward
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” —Les Brown
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Inspirational Graduation Card Messages
- This is just the beginning of the incredible things you can do. Congratulations!
- You have what it takes to do truly wonderful things. Congratulations!
- The world is waiting for you, (Name)!
Heartfelt Graduation Card Messages
- You have so much to offer (Name). Wishing you a most beautiful future!
- You worked hard to get here—and from today forward, anything is possible!
- You did it. Way to go! Success is yours.
Funny Graduation Card Messages
- The tassle is worth the hassle! You did it! Congrats, (Name).
- Hey grad, hope you know how relieved we are for you. Way to go!
- One degree equals two happy parents. So proud of you, honey!
So, you see, writing graduation card messages don’t have to be hard to compose. They just have to be sincere, thoughtful, and upbeat. No sweat, right?
Brought to you by American Greetings in conjunction with Maria Isabella. In addition to writing/editing for American Greetings, Maria is also an award-winning cookbook author and mother of five incredible adult children. She lives in Cleveland with her husband, Joe, and together, they spend all their free time cooking up a storm and spoiling their growing brood of grandkids!