What to write in a baby shower thank you card
Your sweet little bundle of joy has already received bundles, boxes and bags of gifts — along with a whole lot of love. Now it’s time to write baby shower thank you messages to all those thoughtful people who have filled your heart (and nursery). With everything you have going on right now, this might not sound like the easiest task, but sending thank you cards after your baby shower is a great excuse for some well-deserved down time. And it won’t even require too much brainpower, because we’re here to help!
Baby shower thank you cards are among the most fun to write because the gifts themselves are often adorable. Whether you want to keep the card short and sweet or include some personal details, the possibilities are endless and as easy as A-B-C.
The ABCs of baby shower thank you card wording
Acknowledge their attendance (or effort).
Whether or not they were able to attend, it’s always nice to acknowledge the time they spent getting a gift for you and your little one.
- Thank you for coming to my baby shower. It meant so much to see you there.
- Having you at my shower made a happy day even better!
- Thank you for making the trip to come to my shower. It wouldn’t have been the same without you.
- Thank you for attending my baby shower. It’s always a treat to see each other outside of the office.
- It was wonderful to see you at my shower. I’m so grateful and appreciative that you made the trip.
- Thank you for coming to my shower and sharing in the celebration of this exciting time.
- I was so happy to see you at my baby shower. You are such a delightful person and a wonderful part of my life.
- You are the best friend ever! I don’t know where to begin to thank you for all you did to make my baby shower such an incredible day.
- You are so kind and thoughtful, and, of course, you were certainly missed at my shower.
- It was very kind of you to send a gift even though you couldn’t attend my shower. You are so thoughtful.
Be specific about the gift in the baby shower notes.
Hopefully you have a list of who gave you which gift so you can mention the present specifically. This is important thank you note etiquette. Add a few details such as how you plan to use it and/or how it makes you feel. For monetary gifts, however, there’s no need to specifically say money. Instead go with “generous gift” and then give a little detail about how it will help.
- The [Tummy Time Play Mat] was one of the top items I wanted for the baby right away. Thank you!
- The [nursery bedding] was the first thing I registered for! It’s so beautiful. Thank you.
- I’m still amazed by your [hand-knitted blanket]. It is absolutely gorgeous and will surely become a keepsake for years to come. Thank you!
- How incredibly generous of you and the team to get [the baby’s stroller]. You’ll see it in use when I pop into the office for you to meet [the baby].
- Thank you for all the [baby supplies and diapers]. You obviously know what I’ll need the most!
- Thank you so much for the sweet and generous gift of a [mommy massage] for me and [bouncer] for the baby. You are so creative—and thoughtful. I will SO appreciate that massage!
- Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your gifts! The [Baby Bjorn] was at the top of my list and the [clothes] are adorable. That [tiny tutu] might be my favorite gift of all-time.
- Wow! Thank you for your incredibly generous gift. It will definitely make a difference as we add a sweet new addition to our growing family.
- Thank you for your generous gift. We’ve already started a college fund and yours is one of our first contributions!
- Your gift was so kind and generous. It will certainly come in handy with everything we’ll need.
Close with a personalized thank you wish
Adding a personal, heartfelt line or two is a nice touch, but it really isn’t necessary unless it comes naturally. For instance, if you shared a moment or conversation at the shower, got some great advice, or if someone traveled particularly far, this is an opportunity to make them feel extra special. However, if you barely know your mom’s second-cousin and can’t think of anything else to say, simply compliment her kindness, extend an invitation to meet the baby, or pile on more gratitude.
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness. We are so lucky to have you in our lives.
- We definitely missed your smiling face at the shower. Hopefully we can coordinate a visit after the baby is born and enjoy some quality time together.
- Thanks again for thinking of us.
- Thank you again for everything. Your kindness and friendship has made such a difference in my life.
- You’ve always been very special to me—and now my baby will have a wonderful aunt, too.
- Last but certainly not least, thank you for all you did at my shower. I couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful day.
- All the details you put into the shower didn’t go unnoticed! The zoo theme was adorable and the games and prizes were a hit. You were also the perfect co-host, making everyone feel comfortable and welcome.
- Not only am I lucky to call you a friend, but I’ll have the luckiest baby ever to call you her auntie.
- We are so fortunate to be loved and supported by such an amazing family.
- Our baby will surely feel lucky to have you to look up to.
Now that you have some specific examples of baby shower thank you card wording, hopefully writing yours will be a breeze!
Thank You greeting cards
From boxed sets to individual cards, stock up on thank you must-haves.
Shop thank you cards
Thank You gift ideas
Not only do these handy references cover gift ideas for guys and gals, but we’ve got some for teachers, your wedding party, and yes, we even have ideas for your coworkers.
Take a look at our suggestions to let that thoughtful someone know just how much you appreciated it.
Browse thank you gift ideas
Where you can find us
No matter where you are, get everything you need to properly show your appreciation!
Find a retailer