What To Write In A Professional Thank You Message
Writing thank you notes can seem like a lot of work. Especially when it’s time to compose a few words of gratitude for the people who actually work with you. But sending a professional thank you note can actually be one of the most important and worthwhile things you do in your career.
Think about it — everyone loves to feel appreciated. That means bosses, co-workers, employees, and clients, too. Just imagine how wonderful our workplaces would be if we all just thanked each other. It would be a total love fest! When you show your appreciation for your co-workers with a heartfelt professional thank you message, you acknowledge their good work and encourage them to keep sharing their talents and doing their best. It’s a win-win.
Ready to start sharing some praise and recognition? Keep reading for some examples of messages that will help you craft the perfect thank you for everyone at work.
Thank You, Boss
When it’s time to express a little gratitude for your manager, we’ve got you covered. Here are some helpful phrases for that professional thank you note for the boss, whether you’ve received a promotion, raise, or just want to say, “thanks!”
- I’m grateful for all the ways you make life at work so much better.
- You bring out the best in others.
- I’ve learned so much working for you.
- My success is due, in part, to your guidance and advice.
- It means so much to know you have faith in me and my abilities.
- Thanks for being the best boss ever!
Thank You, Co-Worker
Build connections with your team members by sharing your appreciation with a few words of thanks. Hey, these are the people who help you get through the 9-5 so they deserve a whole lot of kudos!
- Awesome job on that project!
- I really admire you.
- Your talents and hard work make things run a lot smoother around here.
- Glad you’re part of our team.
- I’ve learned so much from working with you.
- You make work a nicer place to be.
Thank You, Employee
It doesn’t take big promotions or fancy parties to make your employees feel appreciated. Just a thank you note recognizing their great work can make a big difference. (Though, don’t get us wrong, the promotions are pretty great, too.)
- You’ve made this year a huge success.
- Thanks for your great work on this project.
- You make my job so much easier.
- Thank you for your dedication and talent.
- I’ve noticed what a great job you’ve been doing lately. Keep it up!
- You make our workplace a great place!
Thank You, Client
If you have to interact with customers, you probably want to let them know how much you appreciate working with them and that you care about a future relationship. Hey, that’s just good business.
- I’m so grateful to be working with you.
- Thanks for being a loyal, long-term customer.
- I’m always here if you have any questions.
- You’re so easy to work with.
- Thanks for putting your trust in me.
- Please keep me in mind for future projects.
It’s that easy! Remember, when you share your gratitude and appreciation for the people you work with, you really are doing a great job.
Lisa Galek has been a greeting card writer for 15 years. She currently lives in Cleveland, Ohio.