What to Write: Thank You Messages for Pastor
Pastor Appreciation Day (celebrated on the second Sunday of October) is the perfect time to let your pastor know how much you appreciate all he or she does for your church and congregation throughout the year. But you don’t have to wait until then — any day is a great day to share your gratitude!
From teaching and mentoring, to leading, serving, and guiding, pastors give a lot of time, energy, and heart to their churches. So think about how great it would be for you to give that goodness right back by writing a thank you message for your pastor.
We’ve compiled a list of idea-starters below that you can include in your greeting card or thank you note to your pastor that will help you celebrate, recognize, and thank your pastor.
FIRST, HERE ARE A FEW QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED:
- What do you appreciate most about your church/pastor?
- How is your church/pastor a blessing to you?
- Are there any specific events you want to include in your thank-you note to your pastor (i.e. a baptism, a wedding, etc.)?
- Did your pastor give a particular sermon or message that really impacted you this year? Why was it so impactful for you?
NEXT, HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN LET YOUR PASTOR KNOW HOW MUCH THEY’RE APPRECIATED:
- Thanks for all the ways you lead and guide our church.
- Thanks for all you do for our church.
- Thank you for being such a great example of living a life of faith.
- You’re a blessing to our church.
- Thanks for all the ways you make a difference in our church and community.
- Thanks for all you do to make our church the encouraging and faith-building place it is!
- Our church is so lucky to have you!
- Thank you for your help with my [baptism, wedding, etc.].
- Thanks for all you did to make my [baptism, wedding, etc.] the special day it was.
We hope these ideas have been an inspiration to you! Consider adding a personal story or anecdote that further expresses how your church/pastor has been a blessing to you, and your pastor is sure to feel celebrated and appreciated!
Hi, I’m Katie Hilbert! I’ve been adding love (and glitter!) to the world as an editor at American Greetings since 2010. I’m also a veteran blogger (almost 10 years now!) and a lover of lattes, polka dots, and possibilities.