What To Write In A Wedding Gift Thank You Message
After the excitement of your wedding day, taking the time to write wedding gift thank you notes to friends and loved ones who shared in your joy can be so meaningful. It gives you a chance to remember the love and support you felt on your special day and also lets the people who mean the most to you
know how much you appreciate them.
Check out the idea starters below for inspiration on how to write thank you notes for wedding gifts, gift cards, and cash gifts. Consider adding extra details about the gift/relationship and/or memories to any of these ideas, and you’ll have a meaningful and personalized message for each person.
THANK YOU MESSAGES FOR WEDDING GIFT
- Thank you so much for the [awesome espresso machine]! We’ll think of you every time [we have a cup]!
- Thank you for helping us make our house feel even more like a home. We love the gift so much!
- We’re so excited to use the beautiful [dinner plates] you got us. [Dinner] party at our place!
- Thank you for sharing in our joy and giving us such a beautiful and thoughtful wedding gift. We appreciate you so much!
- Cheers to you (and thank you, too!) for the amazing [set of wine glasses]. We love them!
THANK YOU MESSAGES FOR WEDDING GIFT CARD
- We can’t wait to use your generous gift card at our [favorite furniture store]! Our home will feel even more like home thanks to you.
- We couldn’t be more thankful for your kindness! The gift card you gave us will definitely be put to good use!
- Your thoughtfulness in picking out that gift card for us was amazing. We’ll think of you when we use it.
- Can’t tell you how grateful we are for your thoughtful gift card.
- We’re going to have a blast using your gift card – we can’t wait! Thank you so much.
THANK YOU FOR MONETARY GIFTS
- The money you gave us is going help us out in a huge way to settle into our new place. Thank you so much!
- Thank you so much for your monetary wedding gift. It means so much to the both of us and we appreciate more than you know.
- We appreciate the money you gifted to us so much. Thank you for helping us celebrate and remember our special day!
- Our trip is going to be extra-amazing because the money you gave us will help [buy the new luggage we’ve been eyeing]. Thank you so much!
- The money you gave us for our wedding is wonderful, but it means even more that you were there to share the day with us.
Hopefully these ideas have inspired you to write your own wedding thank you cards! Enjoy the process of writing them and remembering your special day. Lots of happy wishes for this new chapter of your life, too!
Hi, I’m Katie Hilbert! I’ve been adding love (and glitter!) to the world as an editor at American Greetings since 2010. I’m also a veteran blogger (almost 10 years now!) and a lover of lattes, polka dots, and possibilities.