Becoming a Member
- How do I become a member?
- What are my payment options?
- Can I send an ecard without becoming a member?
- What does my membership include?
- How do I stop receiving emails or newsletters from you?
- Why did I receive a pre-authorization charge on my credit card?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- How many printable cards can I make with my membership?
- How does your free Trial work?
- What do I do if I forgot my password?
- How can I change my password?
- When I sign in, why do I get an incorrect email or password error?
- When I sign in, I receive a message regarding cookies.
- What are the password requirements?
- What do I do if I have not received my Password Reset email?
- What do I do if I no longer have access to the email address for this account?
Q: How do I become a member?
A: In order to become a member of AmericanGreetings.com, please join now.
- Credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Bank issued debit cards from Visa and MasterCard.
- PayPal - Use your PayPal account without sharing your bank or credit card details.
- An electronic check process, called ECHECK, that allows us to accept checking information from any US bank. This process costs an extra $2.95 for electronic handling and it is added to your membership cost.
All methods of payment are secure, safe, and simple.
Back to top
To locate them, type the word "free" in the search field at the top of the AmericanGreetings.com website. The word "free" will display with the title for each free card.
If you enjoy sending our free ecards, you will love being an ecard member! Membership gives you access to thousands of ecards as well as valuable Member Tools like the Address Book and Reminders. Join now to become a member.
Back to top
Q: What does my membership include?
A: All memberships include both ecards and printable cards. As a member, you can send unlimited electronic greetings and personalize and print an unlimited number of cards from our extensive collection.
And, all memberships include access to great benefits like:
- Member Tools such as an Address Book, a Reminder Service, and a Future Send option.
- The My Account section enables you to conveniently manage your personal account information online.
Q: Why did I receive a pre-authorization charge on my credit card?
A: When becoming a member, we asked you for account information so that we could bill to your account our low yearly membership fee. In order to verify that the account information that was given to us was accurate, a Pre-Authorization Fee was charged to the account to verify that it is an active account.
This charge is placed ahead of time so that your account can be processed effectively and efficiently. Once the account is validated, the charge is reversed from your account shortly thereafter.
Back to top
Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
A: American Greetings memberships renew automatically. If you do not wish to have your membership renew, please visit the Manage Membership page in the My Account section of the site. You will select the “Do not renew membership” option, and your membership will expire at the end of your term. Please note, charges already incurred may be non-refundable under the terms of your membership. You may continue to use your membership until it expires.
Alternatively, our Customer Support Representatives are happy to assit you. You can either call us at 1-800-711-4474 between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST (Monday through Friday), or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How many printable cards can I make with membership?
A: Once you have purchased a subscription, you can print an unlimited number of cards for a full year at no additional cost! You also get our members-only tools all for one low subscription price.
Q: How does your free Trial work?
A: In order to allow our customers an opportunity to try our Products and Services, occasionally we offer a free trial during which customers register for Membership and enjoy all of the Membership benefits. If you sign up for a trial period and cancel during such trial period the payment information provided will not be billed. If you do not cancel during the trial period we will automatically charge your credit card the Subscription fee.
A: You can reset your password online. You will enter the email address you used to create your account and we will email you a link to create a new password. Alternatively, our Customer Support Representatives are happy to assist you. You can either call us at 1-800-711-4474 between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST (Monday through Friday), or you can email us at email@example.com.
Q: How can I change my password?
A: If you'd like to change your existing password, first make sure you're signed in. Once you are signed in, visit the Change Password page and follow the instructions.
Q: When I sign in, why do I get an incorrect email or password error?
A: If you're getting a "please correct your email or password" error, you may be inputting an address or password that does not match what we have on file for your account. Some of the more common reasons for this are:
- Quotation marks, brackets or spaces before or after the email address
- Automatic fill-in of password information by your computer
- Additional characters or spaces from your email address
We recommend that you manually type your email address and password. If that does not resolve the issue, you can also reset reset your password.
Q: When I sign in, I receive a message regarding cookies.
A: This message appears when the browser you're using isn't set to accept cookies. To change the browser's cookie settings, follow the instructions below step by step for the internet browser you are using. You may also be using a third party program on your computer that is blocking cookies; you may have to check with the software maker of any security software you use if none of these steps resolves the problem for you.
Make sure that you do not have AmericanGreetings.com open.
- Click the Chrome menu on the upper right corner of the browser toolbar.
- Select settings.
- Scroll down and select the Advanced link.
- In the "Privacy and Security" section, click the "Content Settings" link.
- In the "Cookies" section, make sure "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommeded)" is enabled.
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Security.
- Set the Accept Cookies preference to "Always."
- Close the Preferences window.
You may have our website address set to "Always Block". If it is, please set it to "Always Allow".
- Open Internet Explorer.
- At the top of the browser window, click on 'Tools.'
- From the menu, choose 'Internet Options.'
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab.
- Click on 'Advanced.'
- On the screen that appears, make sure that you have the following settings:
- Check 'override automatic cookie handling.'
- Accept First and Third-party cookies.
- Check 'Always allow session cookies.'
- Click OK.
- Click the menu on the upper right corner of the browser toolbar.
- Click on "Options."
- Click on "Privacy & Security" in the left hand navigation.
- Check the "Accept cookies from website" box. Ensure the drop down box for "keep until" says "they expire."
- Click OK.
Your browser may also be blocking our website. Please follow the instructions below to allow our site access:
While still in the privacy tab, please click on "exceptions". You may have our website address set to "Block". If it is, please highlight americangreetings.com and click "remove site" then type americangreetings.com in the address bar field and click "allow". Then click "ok" and reopen americangreetings.com and you should be all set!"
Q: What are the password requirements?
A: For your security, we now require your AmericanGreetings.com password to have 8 or more characters, include a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, and at least 1 number. When you create a new password it cannot match your previous password. We encourage the use of symbols (!@#$%^&*) and remind you that the best way to protect your information is to use a unique password for each account or website and make sure it is something only you would be able to guess.
Q: What should I do if I have not received my Password Reset email?
A: Please know that the password reset email link is sent as soon as you submit your email address. Depending on your email provider, it may take some time for the password reset email to arrive in your inbox. Please allow for at least 1 hour for the email to be received by your email account.
This email may also have been routed to your junk or spam email box. If you still do not see the email appear in your Inbox, please check your Junk Mail to make sure that the messages are not being routed there. In order to remedy this situation for any future emails, please add the following email address to the address book associated with your email client (AOL, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.):
Once you have added this address, you should receive email from us.
If you have not received the password reset link within 1-2 hours and you cannot locate it in your spam and junk mail box and you have added the firstname.lastname@example.org email address to your address book, please follow the steps below to resend the link:
1. Please go to the password reset page and enter the email address associated with your account into the form field and select the “continue” button.
2. An automated e-mail from American Greetings (email@example.com) will be sent to you. Follow the prompts included in the email to complete your password reset.
3. Please note: the email link to reset your password will expire in 24 hours.
Q: What do I do if I no longer have access to the email address for this account?
A: Our customer support team would be happy to help you access your account. Please call Customer Support at 1-800-711-4474 so we can assist you further. We are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. Also, feel free to email us. One of our Customer Support representatives will respond ASAP.