Christmas messages for brother
Everyone likes to spread Christmas cheer! And one of the best ways to do that, of course, is to send Christmas cards. Especially to the closest and most important people in our life. And despite the fact that brothers can sometimes be Grinch-y, for the most part they bring lots of joy to our world. So it’s nice to let them know how special they are. But what do we write in a Christmas card for a brother? What’s the kind of Christmas message that’s really going to make us all feel merry and bright? Well, it’s probably easier to find those words than you think.
Christmas is the time of year that naturally leads us to look back on all the memories of the past twelve months. Are there any special moments that stick out? Laugh-out-loud family kind of moments that only a brother would understand? Why not relive those with your bro? Or maybe it was something he did for you that really made a difference? Share your appreciation on your Christmas card! Or maybe you just want to let your brother know how much he means to you and how grateful you are that you’re in the same crazy family together. Share what you’re thinking and spread the joy, because, really can we have too much joy at Christmas? I think not.
But what are some phrases or idea starters to include in your Christmas sentiment for your brother? How about…
- Christmastime is more special when it’s shared with family.
- We’ve shared more Christmases together than I can count, which means more laughs than I could even begin to remember.
- Christmas makes me think of the most special people in life.
- Part of what makes this such a wonderful time of year is being able to catch up with you.
- Some of my best memories growing up are Christmas as kids — and I’m just grateful that someone as amazing as you is still such an important part of my life.
- I always feel grateful at this time of year — and having a brother like you is a big reason why.
- Always feeling lucky to have such a great brother. And always wishing you and your family lots of love, happiness, and good health at this time of year.
- Always glad you’re my brother. Always wishing you and your family happiness and health.
- Christmas is the perfect (and maybe only!) time of year to let your brother know how special he is. (Pro tip: Feel free to mix in humor with your brother’s message. Because you know, dudes like to laugh, and it helps them feel more comfortable with the heartfelt messages they secretly love.)
- Hope Santa’s good to you this year, even if you didn’t make it to the nice list for probably the umpteenth year in a row.
- You’ve seen me good, bad, and in between. And you’ve stuck with me all that time. Sure, maybe it’s because we’re related and you have no choice. But still, I appreciate it. And you!
More general/less personal
- Wishing you peace, good health, and prosperity this year.
- Brothers can be counted on, trusted, and admired. Not to mention wished a Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you good health, good company, and good times during this most wonderful time of year.
So there’s a start. Don’t feel like you have to write too much. Just a sentence or two and your brother’s Christmas season is sure to be the most wonderful time of year. After all, with a sibling like you, how could it be anything but?
Greg Vovos has been writing greeting cards for a decade, celebrating Christmases for nearly half a century, and is a brother to one lucky sister and three equally-lucky brothers for the entirety of his life.