Christmas Messages For Grandparents
Grandparents hold an extra-special place in our hearts. Whereas loving parents are typically stretched — for time, for money, for patience, for energy—grandparents can lavish these things on their grandchildren.
If you’re a young adult who is still enjoying your grandparents, lucky you! What a gift to have that generation to learn from and to love. They have time to listen to you and may offer feedback from a fresh perspective.
I lived with my grandma for a year and a half while attending college. That time under her roof helped me get to know and appreciate her on a whole new level than from when I was a child.
With the holidays approaching, now is the perfect time to connect with your grandparents. Whether they are near or far, send them a Christmas greeting cardto let them know they’re on your mind and on your heart.
Once you choose just the right holiday card, take a few moments to add your own message inside. We know that greeting cards already say what you want, but the simple act of writing a few heartfelt sentences can transform that piece of paper into a treasured keepsake. And isn’t that what every grandparent deserves?
Here are some ideas for What to Write in a Christmas Card to Your Grandparents:
- I’m so lucky to have [incredible / wonderful / perfect / etc.] grandparents like you.
- I think you did such an amazing job with our family!
- Sending you love and warm wishes for a Christmas that’s as wonderful as you, Grandma [Grandpa].
- Thank you for all you’ve done to make me the person I am today. I’m grateful for grandparents like you.
- My heart will be missing you at Christmas. Can’t wait to see you again.
- I don’t tell you often enough how proud I am to be your grandson/granddaughter.
- The best gift you ever gave me was teaching me to [be kind / help others / finish what I started / etc.]
- Someday, I hope to be as good of a grandma [grandpa] as you have been.
- You are a big reason my childhood was so [special / magical / great / etc.]
- I couldn’t imagine my world without you in it, Grandma [Grandpa].
Being remembered is a wonderfully gratifying feeling that’s appreciated at any age — but especially as we get older. We hope the ideas above have inspired you to write a special message and share a loving thought with a grandparent. Find more ideas for writing Christmas messages here.
Add a Digital Gift Card
In a rush? No time to visit stores in search of the perfect gift? Pair a digital gift card with a personalized Christmas ecard, for fast delivery to the recipient. Simply select the retailer you’d like to purchase a gift card from then you’ll enter the name and email of the recipient and send. If you’re an AG member you only pay the amount of the egift card. We also have a checkout as guest option for a $1.99 fee. Browse our selection of retailers to choose from including Sephora, Nike, Starbucks, Fandango, Target, and more!
Browse Our Christmas Collection
Christmas Gift Wrap
Dress up that perfect Christmas gift with holiday wrap, ribbon, and bows.
From boxed sets to individual cards, stock up on holiday must-haves.
Personalize it with a Christmas ecard.