Christmas Messages for Friends
When radio stations switch over to holiday music and snowflakes fill the air, thoughts turn to your Christmas list — and the friends who make the season brighter.
In this season of joy and peace, writing your own Christmas wishes to friends can be the perfect way to give that extra boost of Christmas spirit. It’s a chance to reflect on the past year, reaffirm the friendship you share, and look forward to the new ways you’ll find to stay connected in the year ahead.
If you find yourself wondering how to get started, or you’re having trouble thinking of what to say, read on for some ideas and suggestions about what to write in a Christmas card for friends!
SHARE YOUR HUMOR
If you and your friend connect best or have the most fun when you’re laughing, don’t be afraid to share some Christmas humor! From puns to inside jokes to a stress-releasing holiday rant, it can be as clever or as silly as you like. The most important thing is that it’s true to who you are!
- “If we end up on Santa’s Naughty list, at least it’ll be together!”
- “To make our New Year’s resolutions easier, let’s just agree that Christmas calories don’t count.”
- “You’re not an adult until you’re more excited when Christmas is finally over!”
- “Remember getting up early just to see the Christmas tree? Sure am glad THAT’S over with!”
MAKE IT PERSONAL
Don’t be afraid to write down things you might not ordinarily say aloud. After all, if you can’t be a little mushy at Christmas, when can you? Take that extra step and express something deeper about your friendship — whether it’s gratitude, love, or a more heartfelt wish, they’re sure to appreciate your thoughtful touch!
- “The best gift of all is having you for a friend.”
- “Our friendship is better than candy canes and hot chocolate.”
- “I’m lucky to have a friend like you to share the holidays with.”
- “Even Santa couldn’t bring me a better friend than you.”
Think of a few favorite movie moments or song lyrics, something that resonates between you and your friends. Consider using inspirational quotes as well, and include these with your message! Not only will they stand out, but they’ll be remembered long after the holiday has passed.
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is seeing friends from far and near!”
- “You put the happy in my holidays and the merry in my Christmas.”
- “Our friendship is like a snowflake — beautiful in its own unique way.”
- “Keep calm and get your ho-ho-ho on!”
This holiday season, send a little extra love and cheer to your friends. Reach out the way only you can — with the humor, the love, and the meaningful connections you share. Add a personal Christmas message to your cards this year and let them know what their friendship means to you — not just at Christmas, but all year round!
Kelsey Rubenking comes from a long line of greeting card enthusiasts. She has been writing for American Greetings for seven years, and being part of the process that allows people all over the world to make connections with those they love has been both an honor and a privilege.