Christmas Messages For Grandchildren
Christmas is a magical time of year for children. The presents…the cookies…the presents…the decorations…the presents…well, you get the idea.
While the holiday excitement for youngsters largely lies with the loot, it’s a really nice touch to send an age-appropriate Christmas card to your grandchild with a note inside. Let’s face it: You’re never too young to be told how special you are or how much you mean to someone.
For that matter, you’re never too old either. As grandchildren grow up, they come to appreciate family and value relationships more deeply. Why not take a few moments this holiday season to tell your grandchild how much better your life is because of him/her or how proud you are of the person he/she is becoming? Some warmly written words in a thoughtfully chosen Christmas card could very well be something your grandchild continues to save long after the holidays are over.
Not sure what to say in a card? Don’t worry about being fancy or poetic — let the card’s messaging do that. Just write a short note that speaks from the heart and captures the essence of your relationship with your grandchild. Here are a few examples to spark some inspiration:
For younger grandchildren
- You make my heart happy — at Christmas and every day in-between.
- You’re the coolest [most awesome / most amazing / etc.] kid I know!
- Can’t wait to spend Christmas together!
- Thank you for being Grandma’s [Grandpa’s] little helper! I appreciate everything that you do for me.
- I especially love the holidays because that means more time with you.
- Merry Christmas to my sweet little elf!
- How did I get so lucky to have an awesome grandson/daughter like you?
- I’ve celebrated a lot of Christmases, but the ones with you have been the merriest.
- I ho-ho-hope you know how proud I am to be your grandma [grandpa].
- Everything about the holidays is more fun because of you!
For older grandchildren:
- Even though you’re not little anymore, you still fill a big spot in my heart. Love you!
- Have I ever told you how grateful I am to you for making me a grandma [grandpa] — especially at the holidays?
- I wanted you to know I am so proud of the young lady / man that you are becoming.
- Thank you for always making my holidays merry and bright!
- I’ll be thinking of you and missing you this Christmas.
- Sending you holiday hugs across the miles.
- My favorite holiday memories are those Christmases spent with my favorite grandson/daughter.
- I don’t tell you often enough how proud I am of you and how much I love you.
- Wishing you a Christmas full of everything that makes you merry.
- I hope you find much happiness at the holidays and in the coming year. You deserve it!
Add a Digital Gift Card
In a rush? No time to visit stores in search of the perfect gift? Pair a digital gift card with a personalized Christmas ecard, for fast delivery to the recipient. Simply select the retailer you’d like to purchase a gift card from then you’ll enter the name and email of the recipient and send. If you’re an AG member you only pay the amount of the egift card. We also have a checkout as guest option for a $1.99 fee. Browse our selection of retailers to choose from including Sephora, Nike, Starbucks, Fandango, Target, and more!
This holiday season, send love and cheer to your grandchildren. Reach out the way only you can — with the humor, the love, and the meaningful connections you share. Add a personal Christmas message to your cards this year and let them know how much they mean to you — not just at Christmas, but all year round!