What To Write In A Grandparents Day Card
There’s nothing quite like the bond between a grandparent and child.
Grandparents love, teach, encourage, and inspire.
Growing up, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents. They taught me so much and helped me become the woman I am today.
My grandma and I even used to write little cards and notes back and forth, and I’m so grateful we took the time to tell each other how much our relationship meant.
Grandparents Day offers us the amazing opportunity to do just that! It’s the perfect time to think about all the ways our grandparents have impacted our lives — and to celebrate and thank them for it!
We’ve put together a few thought-starters below to get you thinking about the relationship you have with your own grandparents and what you might want to express to them on Grandparents Day. (We’ve even included some ideas for what to say on a grandparent’s very first Grandparents Day!)
FIRST, HERE ARE A FEW QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED…
- What do you love most about your grandparent(s)?
- What have they taught you?
- What is your favorite memory you have of them?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with them?
- What makes them special and unique?
- What favorite stories/jokes have they told you?
NEXT, HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU:
- Thanks for all of your love, support, and wisdom.
- Thanks for all the ways you spoil me.
- I’m grateful for all the fun times we’ve shared.
- Thanks for taking such good care of me.
- Thanks for teaching me so much.
- You’re so much fun to be around.
- I love that you’re my [grandma/grandpa].
- I’ve learned so much from you.
- You’re one of the kindest people I know.
AND FINALLY, HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS FOR WHAT TO WRITE TO SOMEONE ON THEIR VERY FIRST GRANDPARENTS DAY:
- I always knew you’d be a wonderful grandparent!
- So happy to celebrate you on your first Grandparents Day!
- It means so much to wish you a wonderful first Grandparents Day!
We hope these idea starters have been helpful! Pair any of these with a favorite memory or story, and your grandparent is sure to feel extra special and loved on Grandparents Day!
Hi, I’m Katie Hilbert! I’ve been adding love (and glitter!) to the world as an editor at American Greetings since 2010. I’m also a veteran blogger (almost 10 years now!) and a lover of lattes, polka dots, and possibilities.