What to Write: Birthday Wishes for Daughter
She’s the light of your life. Your pride and joy. Your beautiful princess. (Okay, maybe sometimes your drama queen!) She’s your amazing daughter. And it’s her birthday. What a lovely reason to celebrate!
No matter what age she’s turning, whether it’s your daughter’s 5th birthday or 50th, it’s always incredible how fast time has gone and how many memories come flooding back. What can you say in your birthday wishes for your daughter that hasn’t already been said or shown (or lectured and repeated!) throughout the years of changes and challenges, ups and downs, tears and laughter, and countless amazing moments?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3: compliment, praise, wish. Your daughter will never outgrow wanting to hear positive words from you, and her birthday is the perfect time to compliment who she is, tell her how proud you are, and/or share a wish for her future. Of course, you don’t have to do all three, but here are some ideas for birthday messages for daughters of every age and stage…
For a Younger Daughter
Keep it simple and celebratory; focus on the day.
- Twirl. Giggle. Play. Have fun turning five today! (customize to celebration: swim, splash; giggle, play…)
- Celebrating six years of sweetness!
- You’ve been an awesome daughter for 10 amazing years!
Birthday Wishes For A Teenage Daughter
Make it short and sweet (but not too sweet), all about her…with a dash of pride.
- Another year smarter, cooler, funnier…and all-around amazing-er!
- So proud of the wonderful daughter you are and the incredible person you’re growing up to be.
- You have everything it takes to make your dreams come true. Wish big —always!
For Daddy’s Girl
Speak straight from your heart to hers.
- You’ll always be my princess.
- From the moment you were placed in my arms, you snuggled right into my heart.
- Even though you’re strong, smart, and amazing – you can still always count on me.
For an Independent Young Woman
A great time for a journey: reflect on who she was, compliment who she is, support her future goals.
- You’ve always had it in you to do great things and look at you now! I/we couldn’t be more proud.
- From sweet and adorable to brilliant and amazing. You shine brighter every year!
- You’ve grown up just beautifully and deserve a beautiful year.
For a Daughter Who’s a Mom
Since she shares so much every day, include something personal with your message of pride/love.
- You’ve always been an amazing daughter, and now you’re an amazing mom!
- Wonderful daughter. Awesome person. Terrific mother. Is there anything you can’t do!?!
- Now that you know how much a parent loves their child, you know how loved you’ve always been.
For a Daughter Who’s Your Friend
Feel free to keep it light; show your gratitude for your friendship.
- Spending time with you is one of my favorite things to do! Thanks for turning out so fabulously.
- A daughter is a sweet little girl who grows up to be a wonderful friend.
- How lucky am I to have a daughter who’s also one of my best friends?! Best.Mom.Ever.
Birthday Wishes For Your Daughter From the Heart
Perhaps define what a daughter is and how much she means to you.
- A daughter adds sunshine to the day, joy to the soul, love to the heart.
- A daughter is life’s most beautiful gift.
- You are loved for the little girl you were, the special woman you are, and the wonderful daughter you will always be.
As lucky as you feel to have your daughter in your life, she’s very lucky, too, to have someone who cares so much. Your love will undoubtedly shine through your birthday wishes for your daughter as you celebrate her day.
Wendy Bomers has been a greeting card writer since the age of ten. Okay, maybe not professionally until her mid-twenties. But way back when kids were planning to be vets and teachers and firemen, Wendy wanted to write cards when she grew up and “make people happy every day.” Now Wendy feels incredibly lucky to be doing just that — helping American Greetings create happiness, laughter, and love every day…for over twenty years and counting!