What To Write: Birthday Wishes To Dad
Whether you’re super close to your dad and have a thousand things to thank him for, or you’re miles apart, deciding on the just the right birthday message for dad can be tricky. But that’s why you’re here, right? You’ve found a great card, and now you need something personal to say…that’s not too sappy.
One of the great things about fathers is that they usually don’t want you to fuss over them, even if it is their birthday. So you can relax about finding the perfect words and just write something short, simple, and true. Keep in mind that since birthdays only come once a year, this is an opportunity to tell him what he might not hear enough. When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with words of gratitude. But even the most heartfelt messages don’t have to be too serious if you have a dad who prefers to keep things light.
So whether he’s your hero, the family jokester, the strong silent type, or your best bud, here are some ideas just for you.
Sincere birthday messages for dad
- I know I don’t say it often enough, but I am so grateful for all you’ve done and all you do. You truly deserve to be celebrated, Dad!
- The older I get, the more I realize how much work, effort, and love goes into being a great dad. And I appreciate you more than ever.
- We may not see each other as often as we’d like, but the lessons I learned from you are always a part of me, Dad. So you’re with me in some way every day.
- You do so much all year, Dad. You deserve to just kick back, relax, and enjoy your day.
- Thanks, Dad, for being my role model, my go-to guy, and our family’s rock. You’re a real-life superhero and you deserve an awesome day.
- For so many years you were the guy I looked up to (and still do), and now you’re one of my favorite friends to hang out with. Best of both worlds! Love you, Dad!
- You’ve made a difference in my life in more ways than you’ll ever know, Dad.
- I got my adventurous spirit and love for life from you, Dad! Thanks for teaching me that no matter how old you get, you can still be a kid at heart.
- In case you’re ever wondering, Dad, I notice and appreciate all you do. And I couldn’t be more grateful for you.
- You’re one of the good guys, Dad. And you deserve a great day!
On the lighter side
- Happy Birthday to my Favorite Dad!
- I sure lucked out getting you for a dad! Almost as much as you lucked out getting me for a kid.
- Considering everything I put you through, you’ve aged very well, Dad!
- It’s not easy to be a great dad AND a best friend. And yet, you nailed it!
- I would have gotten you something amazing for your birthday, but you’ve always taught me to save my money. See, Dad — I listened! That’s a gift in itself, right?
- Wish I could be there to hang out with you, Dad. But, on the bright side, you finally get some peace and quiet! Miss you and love you.
- When it comes to awesome dads, I got the awesomest.
- So glad I got you for a dad…you’ve passed on some amazing genes!
- I’d be lost without you, Dad. You’re like a human GPS — for the journey of life!
- Happy Birthday to the hardest working guy in the Dad Business! You deserve a well-earned break. Relax and enjoy.
Of course you can always add specific wishes for his day, throw in a private joke, or add a famous quote about fathers — but now you’re off to a great start for some awesome birthday wishes for your dad. No matter what your relationship is like, he’s a one-of-a-kind guy who only gets one birthday a year, so be kind, be sincere, be positive, be you. And whatever you write to your dad, it will most likely mean more to him than you’ll ever know.
Wendy Bomers has been a greeting card writer since the age of ten. Okay, maybe not professionally until her mid-twenties. But way back when kids were planning to be vets and teachers and firemen, Wendy wanted to write cards when she grew up and “make people happy every day.” Now Wendy feels incredibly lucky to be doing just that — helping American Greetings create happiness, laughter, and love every day…for over twenty years and counting!