What To Write: 50th Birthday Wishes For Her
They say 50 is the new 40. Or is it the new 30? Whatever.
The fact is that 50 doesn’t mean what it used to. And 50-year-old women today are more vibrant and full of energy and passion and dreams than ever, which is all the more reason to celebrate who they are with just the right 50th birthday message. But what to say, exactly?
Well, good news! Whether you’re looking for “Happy 50th Birthday” wishes and sayings for a friend or relative, a mom or wife or sister, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got you covered on everything from light to heartfelt 50th birthday sayings. Which direction you take is up to you. Just think about the birthday girl and what fits her personality, her style, and the kind of relationship you two share. Look through our suggestions and have fun picking and choosing the 50th birthday sayings that work for you!
Short and sweet 50th birthday wishes:
- You make 50 look AMAZING.
- You’re proof that 50 is fierce and fabulous!
- You do 50 proud.
- Here’s to 50 years of awesomeness!
- Congrats on half a century of making the world brighter!
- 50 and Fabulous!
- Can’t believe you’re 50! Congratulations!
Heartfelt 50th birthday messages:
- I’m celebrating every one of the 50 years that have made you the strong, amazing woman you are.
- Your 50th birthday makes me look back on all we’ve shared through the years and feel more lucky and grateful than ever to have you in my life.
- Hope you realize what an amazing life you’ve already created — and are looking forward to more smiles and adventures to come!
- Here’s to you at 50…a woman with amazing wisdom and heart, and a bright, positive energy that makes a difference to everyone she knows.
- Celebrating you and this milestone in your beautiful, amazing life.
- It’s not the number of candles on your cake…it’s the smiles you bring. And you bring even more than you know.
Light-to-funny 50th birthday sayings:
- 50…and aged to perfection.
- Cheers to every one of your 50 years!
- You don’t look a day over fabulous!
- You never age. And it’s %#$& annoying!
- You’re 50 — time to trade in your skinny jeans for elastic waist pants!
- You put the “hot” in hot flashes!
- In honor of your 50th, I won’t say anything about wrinkles, sagging, cellulite, gray hair, mood swings, or hot flashes. (Oops, guess I just did!)
All of the above suggestions can work whether the woman you’re celebrating is friend or family. But here are a few ideas you might like especially for relatives:
- You’re eternally young, Mom…and forever amazing and loved.
- You’re an amazing person and a wonderful sister. And nothing makes me happier than celebrating 50 years of YOU.
- Grandma/Aunt, you’re a wonderful example of how the women in our family are strong and beautiful and amazing!
- I admire you so much, Grandma/Aunt, for your wisdom and heart. You’re such an important part of our family. Love you!
- Don’t know how you do it, Grandma/Mom/Aunt, but you get even more amazing all the time!
- (For Wife/Girlfriend) 50 and hotter than ever!
- (For Wife/Girlfriend) Every one of your 50 years has made you who you are…the beautiful and caring woman I love.
- (For Wife/Girlfriend) You’re more beautiful to me than ever.
Hope you found some great birthday ideas for the 50-year-old woman in YOUR life and are feeling inspired to write your message. No matter what you end up saying in your card, one thing’s for sure — she’ll appreciate the thought behind your personal message and your desire to share in her celebration!
Connie Gunn has been writing for American Greetings for 30+ years. She is also a woman who has experienced the thrill of turning 50. She, of course, has absolutely no personal experience with the wrinkles, sagging, etc., mentioned above.