What To Write: 18th Messages For Daughter
So, your daughter’s turning 18? That’s a BIG DEAL! We’re sure you’re feeling ALL the feels — where did the time go, right?! Now’s the perfect time to tell your daughter how much she means to you, and if you’re looking for the perfect message to write in her 18th birthday card, we’re beyond happy to help you!
But how do you even begin to tell your daughter how remarkable she is? We’ve organized some heartfelt birthday messages into three appropriate categories for you; this will make writing your message simple. We suggest incorporating one (or all three!) of the following themes (advice, compliments, and pride) into your 18th birthday message for your amazing daughter.
Your daughter’s a grown-up! Let’s give her some sage, non-nagging advice as she enters adulthood.
- Never be afraid of failure. It’s how we eventually succeed.
- You’re enough. Always.
- Life can really, really suck—but it’s beautiful most of the time. Trudge through the bad stuff, and relish in the good.
- Be yourself, no matter where you are or who you’re with.
- Time really does fly — so be present.
- Work hard — but not TOO hard.
- Make sure you do something you enjoy every single day.
- Remember how much we love you.
Your daughter has countless attributes that make her unique and special and HER — and her 18th birthday is a great time to point out what some of these qualities are. Let the following phrases inspire you.
- You’re kind, brilliant, and beautiful — and we know great things are in store for you.
- From the beginning, we knew you were destined for greatness, and you’ve far exceeded our expectations.
- Well, the world just got a really incredible adult!
- Maybe I’m biased, but you’re as close to perfect as a daughter can be.
- You radiate happiness, and everybody loves being around you.
- With your passion and determination, you’re capable of doing anything you want to do.
- You’re just as cool as you seem on Snapchat.
- You’re charismatic, inspiring — and loved like crazy.
- We don’t tell you this nearly enough, but you’re a fantastic daughter.
You’re really, really proud of your daughter (rightfully so!), and it’s a great idea to incorporate pride into your 18th birthday message to her.
- YOU are our greatest accomplishment.
- I’m so, so proud to be your mother.
- We love you beyond measure, and it’s an honor to be your parents.
- It’s crazy that you’re 18 years old, and I STILL can’t believe you’re mine.
- We’re so proud of everything you are and everything you’re going to be.
- We know this is dorky to say, but you truly are our pride and joy. Always have been, always will be.
- Thank you for giving us so much to be proud of.
- Nothing in my life has made me prouder than watching you grow into an incredible person.
- No matter how old you are, you’ll always be our baby girl.
Now you’re well on your way to writing your daughter an 18th birthday message that’ll make her feel like one-in-a-million — because she is!
Amanda Celis is a writer and photographer with a decade of experience in the social expressions industry. She’s a mother of two and a wife of one, and resides in Cleveland, Ohio.