traditional anniversary gift: coffee or tea
modern anniversary gift: silver hollowware
Waking up every day knowing you’re with the love of your life is a wonderful way to have spent the last 16 years. That’s 5,840 sunrises together…and, for many, at least that many cups of coffee! This 16th anniversary’s traditional gift of coffee or tea can be a great way to start this day off right…as well as all the fresh, new days to come.
Beyond gourmet coffee, adorable mugs, and coffeehouse gift cards (all great choices), there are countless creative possibilities for unique coffee/tea-themed gifts. But since not everyone is a fan of a warm mug in the morning, the modern gift of silver hollowware can easily solve your gift-giving dilemma.
You may be asking, “What the heck is hollowware?” Just as the name suggests, these are silver items that can hold something. Think vases, flasks, an ice bucket, or a locket. Popular since the Victorian age, silver hollowware is a beautiful, timeless gift — just like love.
Similar to hollowware, this year’s anniversary flower, statice, isn’t something you hear every day either, but you’ve undoubtedly seen it often. Statice, also known as sea lavender, is especially popular for adding purple flair to dried arrangements. A dried wreath for the home would be a lovely gift for this anniversary, especially since statice is a symbol of success. And 16 years of marriage is certainly a success to be celebrated!
- Gift basket of coffee, tea, cookies, mugs, and a cozy blanket
- Elegant teapot or cream/sugar set
- Coffee maker with all the latest bells and whistles
- Flavored coffee spoons, honey tea spoons, or rock candy sticks
- Whimsical teapot or humorous mugs
- Recipes and ingredients for coffee cocktails (bonus: include a few liquors)
Statice: success, remembrance, endurance
- DIY tea bag wreath with statice accents
- Corsage and boutonniere with statice for the honored couple
- Statice in mint julep cup vases as table centerpieces