traditional anniversary gift: pottery
modern anniversary gift: linens
Happy Infinity Anniversary! Yep, just turn the number eight on its side and you have the infinity sign or, in this case, a symbol of forever love. Kinda makes year 8 feel even more special, doesn’t it? As it should.
The number eight also represents balance because of its shape. And we all know that marriage is a balancing act every day of wants, needs, priorities, schedules…you name it. So eight years of maintaining a healthy balance with your forever love is really an amazing accomplishment.
The traditional gift for this anniversary is pottery which takes time, patience, and care to mold into a beautiful a work of art. (Hey, that sounds like marriage, too!) And the modern gift of linens adds a personal and romantic touch to the celebration. So, overall, eight is a very special anniversary with lots of super-cool gift ideas…from infinity-shaped jewelry to handcrafted pottery to luxurious bedding. Or you can just keep it simple and fill a vase with this year’s very fragrant flower, the gorgeous lilac, and love will certainly be in the air.
- Set of stoneware dinnerware
- Garden statue or sculpture
- Ceramic wine carafe (with a bottle of wine, of course!)
- Gift card to Pottery Barn
- Clay chiminea (bonus: add marshmallow roasting sticks)
- Gift certificate for a pottery class (the movie Ghost is highly recommended beforehand!)
Lilac: first love, passion, confidence
- Bouquet of lilacs in ceramic vase
- Lilac tree
- Linen napkins with lilac motif