Anniversary gift guide - 38th anniversary
Traditional 38th anniversary gift ideas: exotic
Modern 38th anniversary gift ideas: beryl/tourmaline
Woo hoo! Thirty-eight years deserves a wild celebration! A trip to Costa Rica? A Hawaiian luau? Okay, at least a round of margaritas. We all have our own definitions of exotic, but that’s what makes the gift for the 38th anniversary fun to give and exciting to get. Exotic to you might mean interesting foods, faraway lands, or sexy lingerie, while exotic to someone else might simply mean adding mango to their smoothie. But the whole point of this gift is to give or do something unfamiliar, out of the ordinary…and maybe spice things up a bit.
Speaking of unfamiliar, beryl and tourmaline are the contemporary gifts…but do you know what they actually are? How about emerald and aquamarine? Those are both well-known variations of beryl. Tourmaline, called the rainbow gemstone, is a gorgeous and unique mineral that makes a beautiful centerpiece. And both are great anniversary gifts as jewelry or art.
Even though you may have plenty of idea-starters already, we can’t leave out the adorable flower for this anniversary, the bleeding heart. With cartoon-like hearts covering every stem, the bleeding heart is the most boldly symbolic plant of deep emotion, love, passion, and connection. If you want a gift that literally looks like love, then this is the flower to give. If you want a couple who looks like love…well, you know where to find them!
- Gift basket of exotic fruits/nuts or cheese/wine
- Exotic wood cutting board or serving bowl
- Couples massage
- Tropical mugs and exotic coffees and teas
- Bamboo patio chairs (bonus: tiki hut umbrella and torches)
- Subscription to Travel + Leisure magazine
Bleeding Heart: emotion, love, passion
- Plant a bleeding heart garden of pink, red, and white
- Hanging basket for porch or patio
- Dinner at The Bleeding Heart, a popular French restaurant in London, England